With the onset of winters, it is the time for vacation, a time to go south, spend some days with your friends and families exploring new places and cultures. Visiting India is one of the great opportunity to explore some culture, demography and some unbelievable places. In this article we bring you some hot spots in India for tourists and help you find cheap flights to India.
With a boom in the travel industry in India, the air travel is in its peak and it is expected to increase twofold in next 3 years. All the leading airlines connect Canada with India flying to all major Indian cities. All you need is to take out that map, chalk out the places of your interest and plan your travel well in advance.
No matter what the nature of your travel is, adventure, leisure, spiritual, the Indian subcontinent has everything for a tourist. From the Snow-capped mountains of Himalayas offering mesmerizing beauty to the beautiful Thar dessert to the happening beaches in Goa and tranquil beaches in Kerala, to the adventure activities, a showcase of the heritage and culture and above all the spell binding ancient architecture.
In addition to the normal tours and travel packages the Indian railways which is one of the largest rail network offers numerous packages to travel around some of the splendid places in luxury boarding trains. These special trains cover different routes and are dedicated to take a limited number of tourists all around the places of prominence. Thus, giving a glimpse of the Indian heritage and hospitality.
To kickstart your planning here is a list of some prominent places to visit:
Leh & Ladakh – famous for lakes, snow-capped mountains, mountain biking (highest motorable pass)
Srinagar – famous for Lakes, houseboats for stay and authentic Kashmiri shawls
Himachal Pradesh – Famous for its hill stations and festivities
Uttarakhand – Famous for multiple hill stations, religious and spiritual travel, adventure sports, trekking and hiking.
Rajasthan – Famous for forts that are considered as engineering marvels of the ancient times.
Goa – Famous for its European touch be it architecture, lifestyle and fun filled beaches
Kerala – Famous for the tranquility and the mesmerizing natural beauty.
All the above places and other places are well connected with the major cities in India by Air, Road and Rail network.
If you are traveling to India from Canada, here is a quick guide finding the most popular flights to India.
- Air Canada offers nonstop flights to Delhi and Mumbai and is the most popular flights to India among travelers. Air Canada operates To & FRO flights from Toronto to Delhi 7 days a week. And Toronto to Mumbai 3 days per week during winter schedule. The Air Canada is one of the most popular flights among the travelers for it offers the premium economy cabin. This is a separate cabin where travelers get extra recliner seating, food menu and get to use Business class washroom.
- Jet airways one stop flights are also very popular for this stop at Amsterdam does not requires travelers to go through security check. The travelers can access the lounge area that lies very close to the airplane.
- China Eastern, China Southern, Air China, and China airline have gained tremendous popularity especially from Western Canadian cities of Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton due to their very low pricing.
- Emirates airline is yet another popular airline for travel to India. Emirates operates double decker four-engine Airbus from Toronto to Dubai. Emirates offers seamless connectivity by flying 5 times a week to India.
- Air India the national carrier of India is also a popular airline service for the Indians traveling from Canada to India via London.
- Oman Air and Kuwait Airways are getting popular and are rapidly increasing their market share with their aggressive pricing even though these airlines offer 2 stops via Europe and Middle east. These come as a very cheap option when traveling with family.
- Wow Air is the new entrant for India market. They will be operating their first flight to Delhi on December 05, 2018. Wow air targets to make a dent on the market share of the major players by offering ultralow fares to Delhi.
- Etihad Airways are also popular due to their one stop flights through Abu Dhabi hubs. Etihad airline flies 5 times a week to India. Etihad has got best connection to Bangalore via Abu Dhabi and thus is heavily popular with the IT professionals.
- Qatar Airways is yet another very popular among Indian travelers as they offer the baggage and custom at their destination in India.
- British Airways uses its London hub to connect to different cities in India. British airways also offer Premium Economy cabin which is very popular for its reasonable pricing.
Having said that the airlines is one of the most competitive markets, there are lot of other players that fly Canada to India but based on the market trends and the customer reviews these are the most famous carriers between Canada and India. So, get started and have a fun filled vacation this year.