Hyderabad city of pearls, is the capital of newly formed state of Telangana and is the fifth largest city in India, being the former seat of one of the world’s richest monarch dynasty known as the Nizams. It is a major center of Islamic culture and is a harmonious amalgam of the South and the North India.
Hyderabad became famous when the fourth Qutb Shahi ruler, Quli Qutb Shah created this new capital and named it after his Begum- Hyder Mahal. Before the founding of Hyderabad, the Qutb Shahi kings ruled from the fortress of Golconda – 11 kms to the west. Today, the extensive ruins of the fort, with Qutb Shahi’s tomb, have become principal attractions for tourists.
The city of smiles, of lights, of a thousand faces, endearingly called the Pearl City, current day Hyderabad offers a variety of tourist attractions ranging from Heritage monuments, Lakes and Parks, Gardens and Resorts, Museums to delectable cuisine and a delightful shopping experience. To the traveler, Hyderabad offers a fascinating panorama of the past, with a richly mixed cultural and historical tradition spanning 400 colorful years.
- Air: The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport located at a distance of 35km. from Hi-tech city is connected to all the major destinations in India as well as abroad.
- Train: Nampally & Secundrabad railway stations are connected with all major cities in India. These stations also connect Hyderabad to many short & long distance routes to small cities as well.
- Road: Hyderabad is connected with Major National and State highways and the road conditions are pretty good to give the travelers a smooth and comfortable ride.
- State: Telangana
- District: Hyderabad
- Famous for/as: Heritage, Technology
- Languages: Telugu, English
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Weather: Summers 20 to 45°C, Winter 14 to 32°C
- Pincode: 500xxx
- STD code: 040
- State Govt. tourism website: http://www.telanganatourism.gov.in/