Looking for a weekend getaway in Andhra Pradesh? Pack your bags and head to Chirala. This is a small town in the Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh, 58 km south of Guntur. Resorts near the beach and an absolutely secluded beach gives you a perfect setting for a peaceful vacation with family or a thunderous vacation with friends.
The beach is very clean and non- crowded. You cant resist taking a dip in the clear waters of the Bay of Bengal, a long walk along the beach while watching the sun set and a post dinner walk along the beach watching the stars twinkling above :D.
If in a group, this place offers you a setup for beach volleyball, loud music in the resort and a pool side party with your friends with a panoramic view of the Bay of Bengal. Playing with sand and water at the beach shall add to blissful memories.
Ramapuram Beach : This beach is one of the most serene beaches in the country. This is a perfect weekend getaway when you are tired with your routine and need a change. Take a dip in the water, watch the sun set and relax. The resorts are very close to the beach so you can go back and take a shower.
Boat ride in the Bay of Bengal : Take a boat ride in the Bay of Bengal. You can negotiate with the boat men who are the local inhabitants of the place. They take you far from the shore in the restive waters of the Bay of Bengal and stop the engine for a while before returning. All you can feel at that point of time is your boat swaying with the waves and water all around, a thrilling experience for sure.
Beach volleyball : Playing volleyball on the sand is a rejuvenating experience. Post the match beat the heat by jumping in the cool water.
Star gaze: After dinner take a walk along the beach watching the stars above, hear the sound of waves hitting the shore and play with the turtles that come on the shore. Watch out for scorpions which come out in the night 😉 This place is an abode of peace and tranquility.
- Air: There is no airport in Chirala. Vijaywada Airport would be the nearest airport at a distance of 85 km from Chirala.
- Train: Chirala Railway Station (CLX) has a good connectivity by trains to other parts of the country. There are 16 direct trains to Chirala from Hyderabad.
- Road: Driving to Chirala makes up for a perfect travel option as the distance from Vijaywada is just 85 km and from Hyderabad is 307 km.
The shrine of Lord Mallikarjuna picturesquely situated on a flat top of Nallamalai Hills, Srisailam is reputed to be one of the most ancient kshetras (area) in India. It is on the right side of the River Krishna in Kurnool Andhra Pradesh.
- State: Andhra Pradesh (Now Telangana)
- District: Prakasam
- Famous for/as: Beach
- Languages: Telugu, Hindi
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Weather: Temperatures remain between 25- 30°C throughout the year except for the hot summer months
- Pincode: 523155
- STD code: 08594
- State Govt. tourism website: Unexplored