Jaipur pink city of India is capital of Rajasthan, an Indian state that is rich in culture and had lot of prominence in the country’s past. The city of Jaipur was founded in 1727 by Jai Singh II, the Raja of Amer who ruled from 1688 to 1743. His plans were to shift the capital from Amer, 11 km from Jaipur to accommodate the growing population and increasing scarcity of water. Lot of consultation and careful observations by then renowned architects was put in planning the city, it took 4 years to build the city. During the rule of Sawai Ram Singh, the city was painted pink to welcome the Prince of Wales, later Edward VII, in 1876. This gave Jaipur a distinctive appearance and the epithet Pink city of India.
In case if you are literature lover, you have more reasons to visit this beautiful place. Jaipur is going to host literature festival during January 24-29, 2018 so plan your tickets accordingly. Here is the detailed link for more info Visit this site.
Jaipur’s glorious heritage attracts travellers from all around the world, so naturally when it comes to accommodation there are a number of options to choose from. For those who prefer to stay in the lap of luxury, there are a plenty of top-rated resorts, heritage stays, and even some beautiful palace resorts. If you do want a reasonably-priced, good accommodation, you can opt to stay with Treebo Hotels in Jaipur. The properties under these brands offer clean rooms and quality amenities and services, like WiFi connectivity and complimentary breakfast. With brands like this, you can always be sure you’ll get your money’s worth.
- Air: Jaipur is well connected with rest of India with flights plying from all major cities. Sanganer Airport located at Jaipur is nearly 10 km from the heart of the city.
- Train: Jaipur is well connected to most of the major cities in India by the rail network. Apart from normal trains, a luxury train called “Palace on Wheels” covering all tourist destinations in Rajasthan (Alwar, Udaipur, Jaipur, Swami Mdhopur etc) and starting from Delhi is also available..
- Road: Being the capital, the city is well connected by a well maintained road network. The Rajasthan road transport corporation and other private players ply buses connecting various cities.
- State: Rajasthan
- District: Jaipur
- Famous for/as: Heritage
- Languages: Hindi, Rajasthani
- Best time to visit: October to March
- Weather: Summers 25 to 47°C, Winter 4 to 30°C
- STD code: 0141
- State Govt. tourism website: http://www.ordistricts.nic.in/